Final reminder - Interviews with troops deployed overseas for Christmas
15 December 2010
This reminder is being sent to all media outlets, if you have already made contact with your request, please disregard this.
Media are invited to submit expressions of interest for a Christmas interview with New Zealand troops deployed overseas.
There are currently 431 New Zealand Defence Force personnel deployed on operations, UN missions or exercises overseas.
While Christmas will be a normal work day on operations, the Kiwis will be able to pause for a short time to mark the occasion. Personnel in Afghanistan and Antarctica will be experiencing a white Christmas.
To ensure coordination of all requests, media must contact Nicole Munro at the Defence Communications Group by 4pm on Wednesday 15 December 2009.
The following information will be required:
- Your preferred mission. Information on the mission locations can be found at www.nzdf.mil.nz.
- Preferred date and time of interview. Please consider time differences between New Zealand and the operation area. You can use the World Clock Meeting Planner on www.timeanddate.com to check the time differences.
- All radio interviews must be pre-recorded.
- Every effort will be made to facilitate all interview requests received by the deadline, but late submissions for interviews can not be facilitated.
- Video footage of Christmas messages from deployed personnel may also be available for web/TV upon request.
Return to the Media Release Summary