From the 9-13 July 2017, RNZAF Base Auckland will host an event aimed at encouraging more females to consider technical and/or aviation roles as a career choice. Applications for our “School to Skies” Programme are open to girls in years 12 and 13 who are currently studying a maths and/or science-related subject. These young women will get the chance to:
- Learn the basics of flight and how aircraft work;
- Get hands-on experience fixing a real aircraft;
- Grow confidence in their choice of maths and science subjects at school and learn how they can apply this knowledge in a real career;
- Plan a real flight mission;
- Develop their leadership and resilience skills during our specialist workshops;
- Mix and mingle with our service personnel who were once just like them, looking to make a decision about their future; and
- Ask questions, hear stories, make like-minded friends and see if a career in an RNZAF aviation or technical role is for them.
Spaces are limited to 24 participants. If you know of someone who may be interested in applying, tag them into the RNZAF School to Skies Facebook Event page or encourage them to visit http://www.schooltoskies.co.nz/ for more information including how to apply.
Applications close 9 June.