CROWN COPYRIGHT 2010
Material featured on this site is subject to Crown copyright protection unless otherwise indicated. The Crown copyright protected material may be reproduced free of charge in any format or media without requiring specific permission.
This is subject to the material being reproduced accurately and not being used in a derogatory manner or in a misleading context. Where the material is being published or issued to others, the source and copyright status must be acknowledged.
The permission to reproduce Crown copyright protected material does not extend to any material on this site that is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
References to other sites are provided for convenience as part of the service offered at this website. However, the New Zealand Defence Force cannot accept any liability for those sites' accuracy or content. Visitors who rely on this information do so at their own risk.
Further, the New Zealand Defence Force can not accept any liability if sites referred to are not available at any particular time.
The New Zealand Defence Force systems to which this web site connects and related equipment may be subject to monitoring. Personal information regarding users may be collected for statistical purposes in determining the use of this web site. Information the New Zealand Defence Force may collect about you will not be disclosed to any other person in a form that will identify you except in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented to such disclosure; or
- Where such disclosure is required or permitted by the Privacy Act 1993 or otherwise required or permitted by law.
It is both the intent and the commitment of New Zealand Defence Force to comply with the SSC Web Guidelines. NZDF believes that the web standards for public sites are necessary and ensure that all web users requiring access to NZDF sites and online services have the best possible experience regardless of bandwidth and browser.
NZDF has embarked on a site upgrade process to ensure that the guidelines are met. All public sites, nzdf.mil.nz, airforce.mil.nz, navy.mil.nz, army.mil.nz, cadetforces.mil.nz and veteransaffairs.mil.nz have been upgraded or are in the process of being upgraded to meet the guidelines, web good practice and accessibility in general.
Statement of Position
New Zealand Royal Air Force (RNZAF) has conducted a self-audit for compliance against the Web Guidelines Ver 2.1 compliance documentation.
At this time the RNZAF web site complies with most relevant requirements and is working towards compliance with all requirements.
Should requirements not yet complied with:
- Major Navigation labels in both English and Maori
- Key web pages in both English and Maori.
Must requirements not yet complied with:
Web document markup
- Requirement 6.3.3 – the primary format for content is HTML, the RNZAF website currently has links to a large number of documents which are in PDF format on the NZDF website. Over the coming year these will be replaced with HTML documents, the pdf file will be retained should the site visitor want to print a copy. Site visitors may use our feedback form to request a printed copy of the document which will be mailed.
- Due to the complexities of official documents many pdf files exceed the recommended maximum size of 300kb. Site visitors may use our feedback form and request a printed copy of the document which will be mailed.
- PDF files are not made available in a compressed file format.
- PDF files supplied by a third party and not authored by NZDF will not be converted to HTML.
- Future PDF files will follow the Acrobat Accessibility Guidelines.
If you would like to contact us for further information please either email RNZAF Webmaster or telephone on 04-496 0230.